Wednesday 11 December 2019

Scrap Our Stash Challenge

Okay so I am still working on blog challenges and today I created a layout for the Scrap our Stash Blog challenge. Well this was really from some old stash because I for my papers I chose Basic Greys 29th and Pine, I think I have had these papers forever. LOL  As usual, after I cut my papers I distressed them and layered them using cardboard in between to give dimension. Then I gave the base layer a coat of clear Gesso so it would hold my paint well.  After that I sprayed it in some areas with Lindys Stamp Gang inks. When that was dry I used a stencil and texture paste to add more dimension and a bit of a pattern on my background.  Then I layered on my other patterned paper, and added my photos. I fussy cut the ornaments from another sheet of the 29th and Pine paper and popped them up with some foam dots and put some Stickles on them to give them some glitter, they reminded me of some ornaments we used to have when I was a kid. :)  I added a bow, some Liquid Pearl drops a title and I was finished.

This is the sketch we were given to work with:


Thanks for stopping by, Please leave a comment to let me know you were here, and click on the follow button so you won't miss any of my posts :)
 Jackie

Products used:
Basic Grey Papers
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Stencil
FinnaBair clear gesso
Lindys Stamp Gang ink
Stickles
Liquid Pearls
Simply Texture Paste

6 comments:

  1. Oh...this is SO PRETTY! Love the red and turquoise combo and the extra dimension. I LOVE Basic Grey papers. Wish they still made them. Thanks for playing along at SCRAP OUR STASH - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty LO. Love the details and stash use.Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash.
    Happy Scraping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful background work. I love how it frames the photo block portion of the layout. Good on you for using old Basic Grey papers. They work really well with the photos. You nailed the sketch. Well done. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the distressing, gesso and ink sprays! Great layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the soft misting and distressing! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful layout! Love your misting and those ornaments are cool! Thanks for playing along with us at the Scrap Our Stash Blog!

    ReplyDelete