Thursday 12 December 2019

Challenge Yourself

Yes, today is a challenge from the Challenge Yourself blog.  This challenge is to use snowflakes but the twist on this one is that we must use a photo of ourselves. Now this was a tough one for me, because I knew the exact photo that I wanted to use but for the life of me I couldn't find it anywhere. So I set my darling daughter to searching her photos for it but she couldn't find it among her photos either.  I know that I have it somewhere because I have already scrapped it once. It was the only photo I had of me playing in the snow with my grandchildren, So, I had to fall back on another photo.

To create this layout I used some very old stash papers by Bo Bunny from their Winter Joy collection. I love this collection because it isn't the normal Christmas colours. I used a snowflake punch (unknown) to punch some snowflakes from the paper, a Martha Stewart punch to punch a lace edge, and a Sizzix die to cut a circle from the same paper collection. A KaiserCraft wooden sleigh covered with Stickles, some Forever in Time frames, a bit of cheeseclothe and some Nuvo drops completed the layout. This is the layout I came up with.
This layout was also created for a sketch challenge at Scrap, Paper, Scissors.

Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment to let me know you were here.
Jackie

6 comments:

  1. This photo is wonderful, Katz! I hope you find the other one that you were looking for, too! Your layout is absolutely beautiful and I love your title, too. Thanks so very much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month! We are all very happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful winter page in lovely colours! Thanks for joining Challenge YOUrself! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those snowflakes are so "cool!" Love the colors and the very happy photo too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet! I hope you find the original photo you wanted so you can use it on another layout. I agree, the non-traditional Christmas colors are always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page! Thanks for joining Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty layout! Love the colors you have used. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete