Sunday 20 January 2019

Oh my Oh me!!

Wow, I have been so busy this weekend.  I have been working an online crop at Scrap Paper Scissors.  Yes, that's correct, the first one I have worked in years and I am having a lot of fun too.  I have scrapped a lot of layouts, more than I have completed in months and months.  The DT there have come up with amazing games and challenges.  I like these gals, they are really good.  They know how to get your "juices" flowing. :)

Okay, where to start?  I guess I will start with the one hour sketch challenge that started of the crop.  We were given a sketch to follow and had one hour to scrap it.

This was the sketch we were given:


This is my answer to that challenge.  Oliver was helping me scrap, he was manning the cutting board. :)


The next challenge I took on was Stephanie's Deconstructed challenge; Well, as snowmen melt, they often become deconstructed and their pieces are left lying around.  For this challenge, I want to see colors of a snowman on your project but not touching each other.  I want to see brown< (for his stick arms) and black; (for his scarf) but I don't want to see them near each other.  This was my answer to that Challenge.  This is my new baby, Millie, she loves getting her belly rubbed and I love the way she holds her front legs while it is happening.





Up next came Linda's Winter Wonderland. This one required a green base, 3 circles, brown embellies, a pair, something masculine and a series of rectangles.  At first I thought this was going to be hard but when I started working on it I found it to be fairly easy, the only hard thing was to find something masculine which I found to be a bit sexist has pretty much everything works for both sexes in this world today.
My reply to this challenge was using photos from husband's 60th birthday celebration.


Up next was Kelly's Snowman Acrostic challenge which was really a great challenge because it worked right into a layout that I had put aside that I wanted to get done. I had already had everything picked out for it but I didn't expect that it would work into the challenges from the crop.
The challenge was to use Sparkle, Navy, Oval, White, Metal, Alphas, and something new.
The sparkle was the metallic paper and the gemstone brads, the metal was the bracelet.. the new was the lace.


Next I did Stephanie's snowman sketch Challenge. This one was pretty quick as I love working with sketches. This is my 5 year old Oliver getting his cuddles and snuggles.


We can't have a crop without some cards thrown in and we have had a couple of card challenges also but I have only done one so far. This one required the use of three circles.  I don't add greetings to my cards until I use them.

Next on the agenda was Victoria's Frosty the Snowman challenge, which required taking inspiration from the image posted.  This was my answer to that challenge.

  Okay that is all for now.  There are more challenges to be done.  If I don't get any more done I will be more than pleased with what I have accomplished but I do expect to get some more done just the same. :)  
Thank  you very much for visiting my blog.  Comments are more than welcome, I would love to know you were here and what you think. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment