Saturday 5 January 2019

A new year, a new blog, new beginnings.

Okay, so the past year was just a blur.  So many things happening and so many things going wrong.  This year  I have decided to just start over completely.

I am going to run with the motto and that if it can go wrong, it can also go right.  So far this year I am not on any design teams and I am not sure that I am going to apply for any.  I am going to allow myself the pleasure of just doing what comes naturally to me without having any stress of having to push to get any work done other than what I feel like doing.

I will no doubt be getting involved with several scrapbooking sites, doing challenges etc, etc.  But will only be doing challenges that appeal to me.  I will not be doing challenges because they are the latest craze to hit the scrapbooking scene, or the latest techniques and therefore I should try them.  I will be working only on the basis that "oh, I like the looks of that, I think I will try it" and only for that reason.

I will certainly be scaling back on the major 3D scrapping that I was doing.  I have found that they do not fit well in the albums and they end up not looking so great once they are put in their protective sleeves.  I have come to the conclusion that simple but elegant is the much better way to go.

Now I have to stop here and tell you that I received my heart's delight for Christmas.  There is one thing that I love very very much and that is cats, and now that I am retired and have so much time to spend with them if I could afford them I would just have my house full of them.  Of course they are costly to own and maintain so I really can't afford to own many of them but I did get a new kitten for Christmas.  I have a four month old female who is just so delightful and just turns me to jelly everytime I see her.  Now I already own a 5 year old male ginger tabby who is an adopted rescue cat and means the world to me.  He was what is called a failed foster.  I had him as a foster for a whole ten minutes before I decided I couldn't let him go and had to adopt him.  I also have a 4 year old female grey tabby that was rescued from the streets, who loves to play the part of a jerk.... she will not allow the other cats to come near her without the growl, hiss and smack.  I thought I loved both of those cats as much as you could possibly love a cat. Well along comes Millie for Christmas and zooooooooom there went my heart, she is the most beautiful ginger and white four month old medium length fur, with a tail like a squirrel, that I have ever set my eyes on. She is also a rescue cat.  I would never get a cat from a breeder when there are so many that need to be rescued.

I will share some photos of my babies with you... of course I am a fur baby mommy.. you know I have to share some photos. LOL

                                         This is Oliver, He is Momma's Big Boy and he loves to cuddle.


This is Precious, she just wants to be left alone.


This is Millie, she is my Dutchess.  


Millie as a bit of a problem... her tail.  It is longer than she is and it is soooooo bushy.  She tries to hide but her tail gives her away every time. :)




So as you can see, my life is all centered around my scrapbooking and my cats. :)

I would appreciate any and all comments.  They will help me to know what to post and what not to post :)
Thanks Jackie.+

No comments:

Post a Comment